With the “EU Directive 2019/1937 on the protection of persons who report breaches of Union law” and its national implementations, minimum standards for the protection of whistleblowers within the EU are guaranteed. This protects individuals (whistleblowers) who report certain breaches of local and Union law.
BHDT has set up a whistleblowing system for internal and external whistleblowers who want to report legal violations. This platform is hosted by a professional external provider (LexisNexis/Baker McKensie/Loupe). The confidentiality and anonymity of the information and the whistleblower is guaranteed.
Possible infringements in the following areas may be reported:
- Public procurement
- Nuclear safety
- Money laundering and terrorist financing
- Product safety and conformity
- Road safety
- Data protection
- Environmental protection
- Food safety, animal health and welfare
- Public health and consumer protection
- Financial interests of the Union (corruption, fraud, etc.)
- Competition incl. Antitrust infringements
- Corporate tax rules