BestLoc® Compact Flange (ASME)
The BestLoc® Compact Flange (ASME) is lighter, smaller and easier to install than ANSI raised face or ring joint flanges. The BestLoc® Compact Flange (ASME) is available in all sizes/pressure classes and designed to offer improved sealing integrity while saving weight, space and cost. In addition to our BestLoc® connector series, we also offer the standard ASME B16.5 flange in many different variations.
- In accordance with PED, ANSI, API, ASME, BS 5500 and customer’s specific requirements
- It achieves high levels of performance by incorporating the three important concepts in piping connector design:
- Seal at the smallest possible diameter (to reduce loads)
- Use the BestLoc® pressure enhanced metal seal (to reduce pre-load requirements)
- Isolate the seal from piping loads (to maintain performance under alternating conditions)
BestLoc® Compact Flange (Norsok L-005)
The BestLoc® Compact Flange (Norsok L-005) offers outstanding benefits whenever size, weight, and stress are critical factors in pipe-design. Compared to ANSI Flange connections, BestLoc® Compact Flanges save up to 82% of weight withstanding high bending and tension loads without leaking.
- No re-tightening of bolts required
- Two independent metal sealing surfaces (IX ring and heel seal) and static connection strength
- Design codes under ASME VIII Div.2 Appendix 4 and 6, ANSI/ASME B31.3, B31.8, BS 5500 and API
- In accordance with Norsok L-005 up to 2500# class, 5K, 10K and 15K psi pressure rating